Executive Vice President of Hotel Operations- Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott & IHG
The Executive Vice President (EVP) of Operations examines analyzes and evaluates operations of all Operations RVPs and their respective hotels to ensure adherence to company and franchise standards and policies. Oversees the organization's recurring or daily functions across the entire hotel portfolio and identifies opportunities for improvement or efficiencies. Develops and implements strategies meant to assist the business in meeting its critical goals and objectives. Evaluates and recommend changes to policies or procedures.
Location: This position is located at the corporate office Uniondale, NY (this is not a remote position).
Travel: 40% percent of your time
- Experience in multi-unit hotel leadership strongly preferred, general manager experience preferred; with oversite of multiple hotels. Hospitality credentials preferred.
- Strong business acumen: this includes knowledge about how businesses work business trends and the implications to their business strong competitive knowledge and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Strong understanding of hotel management principles and practices.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to develop, follow and modify sales strategy.
- Ability to apply analytical strategic and tactical thinking to the planning process and have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with other operational departments yielding desired results.
- Possess knowledge of budgeting along with the ability to compile facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate interpret and weigh alternatives to reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of business management.
- Extensive knowledge of economic concepts such as supply & demand.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience whether oral or written.
- Ability to establish courses of action for self to accomplish specific goals.
- Ability to improve the efficiency of existing processes to work well under pressure and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; support decisions or recommendations with data or reasoning; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness monitors own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to establish work standards and expectations for self and others.
- Appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals.
- Keep goals and objectives in sight at all times monitor progress toward goals and works to overcome barriers and obstacles.
- Provide coaching, advice, and assistance as required; e.g. help subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems.
- Appropriately assess contributions and performance of team members; provide appropriate recognition and deal with problems as they arise.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule; will require the ability to work outside of regular business hours.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Experienced Brand manager with knowledge of Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management required; M.B.A preferred; MS in accounting preferrable and ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Guides and directs management in the development production promotion and financial aspects of the organization’s products and services.
- Addresses complex and escalated portfolio complaints.
- Authorizes expenditure and monitors cost control.
- Performs various investigations and/or audits as needed.
- Reviews completed financial audits semi-quarterly.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the executive team.
- Ensures that the responsibilities authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Conducts area meetings semi-annually.
- Completes a property Quality Assurance and franchise review semi-quarterly.
- Adheres to all franchise procedures and regulations to assure each hotel adheres to standard operating procedures.
- All candidates will be required to complete a background screening.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word Excel Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Hospitality technology experience preferable Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG PMS. Marriott excellence program highly desirable.